Sunday, February 27, 2011

WONDERING UPON TREASURED MEMORIES

As I gaze upon the universal skies and marvel at His works I wonder how often these numberless stars move me to seek the King which they proclaim.


From Shepherd’s field I view the city of His birth and deeply wonder why I so hesitantly move toward His promises of a born again life.


I think upon the grotto where His little head lay in mother’s loving arms and wonder if I have also said, with me there is no room for you to dwell.


I thought about the city on the hill whose light could not be hid and wondered why my little candle light is so often kept from view.


In my mind’s eye I revisit the Sea of Galilee and once again my heart is Spirit swelled and I wonder why contentedly I wander Spiritless through so many days.


I thought about sitting upon the hill, imagining hearing the Sermon as if he spoke it then and wondered about perfection’s elusive steps.


If I had heard Him speak in puzzling parables I wonder if I would have been one who having eyes still could not see and having ears could not hear.


I pondered on the bank of the flowing Jordan about its wondrous cleansing waters and wondered when I would finally allow His renewal of my soul to be complete.


I once again in my mind looked upon the well on Samaria’s hill and wondered if I would ever drink deeply enough from His cup of living waters that I might never thirst again.


I thought about His healing hands curing dreaded leprosy and raising Jairus’ dear daughter and wondered when I would allow His healing touch to cure my ailing soul.


I think upon the scene of the leprous ten and wonder if I am among the nine who, though obedient to His words, neglect to return and give Him thanks.


As my mind opens to the majesty of the mount where He Transfigured was, I wonder if I see His face as prophet, teacher or Son of God.


I read and remember what he taught of pondering and praying and wonder if my own poor pleading petitions hallow His Father’s name.


As I pause from the week’s busyness on His day and think of all that He has done I wonder as my wanting worship to Him is given, if proper reverence has been made.


As I think upon the barren path where the bleeding robbed man laid I wonder the type of neighbor I might have been that needful day.


The fruitful valleys of Jericho fill my thoughts and I wonder if my recognition of life’s provided plentitude have been sufficient to let Him know of my gratitude.


As I supped in Bethany and imagined being joined by that Eternal Guest I wondered why I so often dine without His presence felt.


From the Mount of Olives once again I see the glorious city on Mount Zion and wonder why I so often fail to see the marvels in all His beauties created.


I imagine walking through Jerusalem’s wide gate where all easily enter in and wonder if my riches would inhibit entrance into the eye of needle’s gate.


Upon the Temple Mount I see Him teach and wonder if on those days He spoke, would I have been one who jeered or one who cheered.


As I think upon His condemning rejection of praise-driven leaders I wonder if my whimpering noises against deniers of peace and freedom has become as one crying in the wilderness.


I think of the many that waved him triumphantly into the city and wonder whether my hand that day would have held palm or stone.


I think upon the absence of proud Herod’s palace and wonder if my own proud heart being set upon that which will soon be no more has caused me to also judge Him amiss.


I ponder upon walking the steps where the cross He bore and wonder if I have strength to bear my share of the yoke he has given me.


I envision sitting in that blood christened sacred olive grove looking upon the soil there and wondering how many drops of mine the earth conceals.


My mind’s eye fixes upon the crossless Calvary and tears brim my lids as I wonder if my meager repentant steps minutely approach being worthy of His infinite sacrifice.


I think of the road to Emmaus and see a man of flesh and bones and wonder if I would have recognized the resurrected Redeemer then, and do I do so now?


Scriptures: Matthew 1 – 28

No comments:

Post a Comment