Sunday, April 4, 2010

THE MUSICAL EASTER STORY

ALL CREATURES OF OUR GOD AND KING – LIFT UP YOUR VOICE AND WITH US SING – COME WITH HIGH AND HOLY HYMNING – OH PRAISE HIM – ALL GLORY, LAUD AND HONOR– A MIGHTY FORTRESS IS OUR GOD

AS MARY’S SON HE CAME TO EARTH – HE HEALED THE SICK – THE DEAD HE RAISED – HE MARKED THE PATH – FEET HE PLANTS ON GOSPEL SOD – A BEACON TO A BETTER LIFE – HE SAID TO MEN COME FOLLOW ME –HE IS THE SOURCE OF TRUTH AND LIGHT

BY HEAVEN’S PLAN APPOINTED – CRAVEN FRIENDS BETRAY THEE – SOLDIERS MOCK AND FLAIL THEE – A CROWN OF PIERCING THORNS – HE SHED A THOUSAND DROPS OF PRECIOUS BLOOD – IN OUR PLACE THOU DIDST SUFFER – IN OUR PLACE THOU DIDST DIE – A SOLEMN DARKNESS VEILED THE SKY – BEHOLD THE GREAT REDEEMER DIES – HE DIES IN HOLY INNOCENCE – HE DIES A SACRIFICE FOR SIN – A BROKEN LAW TO RECOMPENSE – HIS HIGH COMMISSION TO FULFILL

GOD LOVED US SO HE SENT HIS SON – TRIUMPHANT SAVIOR SON OF GOD – HE SAVETH FROM THE FALL – HE OVERCOMETH ALL – HE’S DONE THE WORK – HE MAGNIFIED HIS FATHER’S WILL– VICTORIOUS OVER DEATH AND PAIN – HE HATH OPENED HEAVEN’S GATE – HIS DEATH UNLOCKED THE PASSAGE WAY INTO ETERNITY

BUT LO – WHAT SUDDEN JOYS WERE HEARD – THAT EASTER MORN THE GRAVE BURST – IN VAIN THE TOMB FORBADE HIM RISE – TELL IT OUT WITH JOYFUL VOICE – SHOUT WELCOME TO THE SKIES–CHRIST THE LORD IS RISEN TODAY – HE IS RISEN – HE IS RISEN – LOVE’S REDEEMING WORK IS DONE – HE LIVES – I KNOW MY GREAT REDEEMER LIVES

O JESUS THE ANOINTED – TO THEE OUR LOVE WE BRING – ONCE HE DIED OUR SOULS TO SAVE – NOW A BRIGHTER EASTER BEAM – YONDER GLORIOUS MORNING RAY– OH GIVE ME THY SWEET SPIRIT STILL – FAITH TO WALK THE LONELY ROAD – COMFORT ME WHEN FAINT – HEAR MY SOUL’S COMPLAINT – SILENCE ALL MY FEARS –WIPE AWAY MY TEARS – GRANT ME DAILY BREATH – BLESS ME WITH THY LOVE – THROUGH RESURRECTION’S MIRACLE – BRING ME SAFELY THERE

MY SOUL SINGS MY GOD TO THEE – HOW GREAT THOU ART – ACCEPT THE LOVE I BRING – LET ME REMEMBER YOU DIED THAT JUSTICE MIGHT BE SATISFIED – BE SURE MY HEART AND HANDS ARE CLEAN AND PURE – LET MY THOUGHTS BE TURNED TO THEE – CONTEMPLATE THY LASTING GRACE – HAVE COURAGE TO ACCEPT THY WILL – KEEP MY PLEDGE TO DO THY WORK – WALK THY CHOSEN WAY – FIND A PLACE WITHIN THY HEART

LET ME REMEMBER AND BE SURE – WHEN THRU WOODS AND FOREST GLADES I WANDER – WHEN I HEAR THE BIRDS SING SWEETLY IN THE TREES – WHEN I LOOK DOWN FROM LOFTY MOUNTAIN GRANDEUR – WHEN I HEAR THE BROOK – WHEN I FEEL THE GENTLE BREEZE – HOW GREAT THOU ART – HOW GREAT THOU ART

I STAND ALL AMAZED AT THE LOVE JESUS OFFERS ME – SUCH MERCY – SUCH LOVE – SUCH DEVOTION – CAN I FORGET? – I BOW IN HUMBLE ADORATION – WITH ALL MY HEART TO HIM I’LL SING – OH SWEET THE JOY THIS SENTENCE BRINGS – I BELIEVE IN CHRIST – HE LIVES MY ONE SURE ROCK OF FAITH – HE LIVES AND LOVES ME TO THE END – HE LIVES – I KNOW MY REDEEMER LIVES – HE IS MY KING – ALL GLORY TO HIS NAME

7 comments:

  1. Bill,
    Still chewing, but as you do, you provocateur, you have evoked yet another analogy from me.

    We know how music stirs the hearts of men and women.
    But do we pause often enough to consider that it is the heart that feeds the brain? Stop the heart and the brain shuts down.
    Thus, the music which stirs men's hearts has an immediate (and I believe enduring) affect on our minds.
    Paul
    P.S. By way of example: As a (mature???) man I learned a few words from a supposed children's song which have since become thematic for me:
    "Lead me guide me walk beside me help me find the way."
    P.P.S. My solicitation must be less than satisfactory my fruits being as they are, yet I continue my request, my prayer, ceaselessly.

    Paul Maddox

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It is so wonderful to get your Sunday messages! Great to see you guys! Been a few years since you had to chase Mike and I from the Institute Parking Lot."

    Kellee Kiley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bill. I love your messages each Sunday. Have a blessed Sunday and revelatory spirit filled conference.

    Dave Morse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen....beautiful. And thank you for emailing me with your responses. Regarding the "bounds the Lord has set" I sometimes wonder if I know what those bounds are in everything. I get it from you that it is all written out either in the scripture or what the prophets have said. And I understand the bounds of let's say, chasity. And also we have an idea of bounds in the Word of Wisdom. Just wondering if there could be some I'm not aware of and need to know. Trying to cover all my tracks....you know, ha!

    Another question for you.....what do you think would be more important if you were elderly, retired and wanting to be most pleasing to Heavenly Father.....to serve a senior mission or just go to the temple alot? I asked someone in the temple this question....he has served 13 missions and felt going to the temple was most important. What's your thought? (As I think of my life down the road I feel that I just need to live by a temple, then I can keep the dog, my residence, etc.)

    Hope you had a lovely Easter. Please tell your wife hello!

    Much love,

    Marcia Recendez
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brother Riley, This is such a clever way of conveying a very precious message....may I read it to the sisters in our RS? I'm sure they will enjoy it as much as I did.
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday and Easter and enjoyed General Conference too.
    Fondly,
    Nancy Sutherland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this. I truly enjoyed it!

    Linda Garff

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful, Bill. My head and heart was filled with all the music as well as these lyrics sung through many years in Church and choirs. Thank you for this great testimony!

    Joyce Draney

    ReplyDelete